I am dismayed by the election results. Short newsletter this week.
Wayfinding & Strategy.
- Tesla acquired a German manufacturing engineering company called Grohmann Engineering.
- Faraday Future seems to be imploding.
- Dyson wants to double its engineering staff by 2020, and is starting a free university to train their own workforce.
Making & Manufacturing.
- Opening eggshells with lasers.
- A good article from a few years ago on the details of drilling the Second Avenue Subway.
Maintenance, Repair & Operations.
- A single gene from a bull born in 1962 resulted in $420MM in losses across the dairy industry.
Distribution & Logistics.
- Great circle routes might be the shortest routes possible, but detouring into the jet stream can be more efficient.
- An interview with the head of Citibike.
Inspection & Testing.
- An analysis of all of the things that *don't* cause high infrastructure construction costs in the US.
- Move38, a new kind of game company, is hiring an embedded systems engineer in NYC.