Membership in Scope of Work is a friendly and low-noise community of excellence in engineering, manufacturing, and infrastructure. Subscribe below to support our ongoing efforts, gain access to subscriber-only features, and be a part of a vibrant and extremely knowledgeable community.
- Weekly free posts
- Access to all paywalled content, including interviews, AMAs, and feature articles
- Comment access on posts
- Everything in the "Supporter" tier
- An account on Scope of Work’s Slack instance
- Attend and participate in SOW's Reading Group, author interviews, and community AMAs
- 80% off all job postings in Scope of Work’s newsletter
- A 40-minute onboarding call
Scope of Work’s Slack instance is an excellent place to meet future collaborators, friends, and employees. The lively conversations range from current events to design and sourcing advice. Members get a peek behind the scenes at Scope of Work, with a direct line to our editors, visibility into newsletter writing, a full link archive, and quarterly reporting on operations.
Who is Membership for?
If you're interested in what we cover in our newsletter, then Membership is for you. Our Members come from a wide range of backgrounds, and their interests in the built environment are sometimes professional, sometimes personal, and always enthusiastic.
How active is the Members' Slack?
Most weekdays there are between one and two hundred messages posted to the Slack. However, we tend to organize conversation within threads -- so the vast majority of messages won't trigger a notification on your phone or computer.