nTopology shipped a big update to our free lattice CAD software this week, and added our first paid feature too. We're all growed up! Release details here.
Wayfinding & Strategy.
- Elon Musk released some details about SpaceX's plans to go to Mars.
- A new study is saying that solar power is about to get really cheap, partly due to business model innovations.
- Plethora expanded their CNC machining capabilities significantly.
Making & Manufacturing.
- Want to watch me get passionate about visiting suppliers and seeing how they actually do things? Start at 26:00 here.
- A company in the UK called Robot Bike is making enduro MTB frames using DMLS titanium lugs (made by Renishaw) and unidirectionally wound wound carbon fiber tubing. Nice execution.
- A new method of storing CO2: Pump it into volcanic rock.
- A Swedish startup called Exmet is printing amorphous metals.