- LeBron James on why he's returning to Cleveland.
- Reid Hoffman says that companies should be honest with their employees about how long they'll stick around.
- A very good list of things to live your life & career by.
- The guy behind Woot is really interesting.
- The internet of contraception? (As a guy, all I can say here is "this sounds cool.")
- The competition for the world's blackest (i.e. most light-absorbing) material is rather interesting.
- Inside NASA's food lab.
- Boeing and Lotus developed a cool way of printing carbon fiber reinforced F1 parts.
- Nicola Twilley on the difficulties of hulling rice in small batches.
- Inside FedEx's Memphis sorting facility and Package Lab, where engineers destructively test packages.
- Safaricom is opening up M-Pesa's agent agreements.
- An informal study on the rates at which women and men interrupt one another.
- Some genius put an arduino + video camera inside a package and sent it in the mail. The footage (of the logistical guts of the USPS) is really interesting.
- Crime rates in Denver have fallen dramatically since Colorado legalized pot.
- How Arup became the go-to engineering firm for the coolest projects.
- What happens when your joke goes viral on Twitter.
- The many ways that our bathrooms are really shitty. ;)
- What the design aesthetics of startup offices say about the future of work.
- A long article on the depths of the internet.
- Great photos of Apollo 11 being built.
Stuff that doesn't fit into my dumb/arbitrary categories.
- Self-serve beer is now available at Twins games.
- Crazy Russian concept vehicles.
- The health effects of vitamins are highly disputed.
- The new font that Google's developing (and that font geeks sniffled at all week)
- An underappreciated, classic tumblr: What Ali Wore.
- Cool photos of porcelain figurines kind of coming alive as they're being smashed.