- The Presenter's Paradox. <<== Read this.
- ...and why it makes me feel particularly uneasy.
- An argument for generalists in business.
- A brilliant Kickstarter campaign to make a batch of potato salad. Also fun, Google Trends data for "potato salad" :)
- 3D printed makeup (obviously, right?).
- Hampton Creek, the veggie mayo company, hired Google data guy Dan Zigmond.
- Broad Sustainable Building - a Chinese engineering & contracting firm working on prefab skyscrapers - is *really* ambitious.
- Apple is (apparently) trying to make Siri as good as its (her?) competition.
- Xiaomi sold as many phones in the first half of 2014 as they did in all of 2013.
- A health clinic network in North Carolina is using patients' credit card data to better understand their health.
- If you haven't played the Google Streetview game yet, get on it.
- A team at Yahoo is working to generate directions that maximize the experience - as opposed to minimizing the distance.
- A history of NYC's trash disposal, and plans to build an organic waste disposal system based on tubes hung from the High Line.
- Larry Page on the effects of the ~4yr CEO turnover rate.
- Progress on Google Loon.
- How many photos have ever been taken?
- Google's artview robots, caught taking selfies in museum mirrors.
Stuff that doesn't fit into my dumb/arbitrary categories.
- The Wikipedia page for Bacon Roll. If anyone in NYC wants to collabo on a Fools Gold Loaf, holler at me.
- Victorian mothers used to camouflage themselves and hide creepily with their babies, so that they would stay still while having their photos taken.