I'm about to hop on a plane to China. Be back in a week.
- Me, on the challenges of fixturing 3D printed parts so that you can post process them.
- Proto Labs is releasing an integration for Autodesk Fusion 360; the walls between design & procurement are slowly being eroded. Proto also announced a big investment in their Fineline 3D printing department.
- Tesla is currently using 10% of the world's lithium ion battery production capacity.
- A pretty cool visual explanation of the Magnus effect, which explains how curveballs work.
- A long and really good article about why women don't play chess. One interesting idea from it: stereotype threat.
- After much prodding from Amanda, I've been listening to a lot of the Hardcore History podcast. It's addictive.
- A good New Yorker video on the most radioactive place in NYC, which is likely to become a superfund site.
Stuff that doesn't fit into my dumb/arbitrary categories.
- AshleyMadison, the site where people go to have affairs, was hacked. Paul Ford wrote some really good thoughts about this, which I recommend.