- You are a roller coaster designer, and that's fantastic.
- The practical philosophy of fish killing.
- A good criticism of MITx and OpenCourseWare.
- Why you can't make a thing like Apple does.
- A good piece on Blue Bottle and their foray into CPG.
- Carbyne is impossible to make, but if we *could* do it, it'd be cooler than Graphene.
- Patagonia is making wetsuits from plants, and open-sourced the recipe.
- A spaceship engine that defies conservation of momentum. Also, xkcd.
- Lithium anodes could triple battery storage capacities.
- Daewoo shipbuilding is testing robotic exoskeletons for its factory workers.
- Push for pizza.
- Amanda Peyton - who recently convinced me to kill almost all of my notifications - on how Yo is bringing push back.
- Lockheed Martin built some autonomous helicopters for the Marines.
- The NFL is putting RFID tags in players' pads.
- Men use filled pauses more than women, women say "um" more than men, and men say "uh" way more than women.
- A transit agency for the future.
- Leaving consulting to go build something.
- MIT researchers can recreate audio by using high resolution/framerate video.
- 4chan screenshot meta-art on eBay.
- A rant about design culture.
- Kickstarter shares the numbers from the potato salad campaign.
Stuff that doesn't fit into my dumb/arbitrary categories.
- The Forer effect is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.
- The uncomfortable (and unfair) relationship we have with black people and nature.
- Vaseline glass is glass made with uranium.