- Maria Popova: "A Letter of Advice to Young Contrarians from Christopher Hitchens." I like this.
- Fast Company: "The truth about Google X: An exclusive look behind the secretive lab's closed doors." Must-read.
- AppleInsider: "Apple nabs senior RF engineers from Broadcom amid rumors of new in-house baseband team."
- Nick Bilton: "Bend It, Charge It, Dunk It: Graphene, the Material of Tomorrow." Good overview.
- MIT Technology Review: "First Graphene Audio Speaker Easily Outperforms Traditional Designs."
- Science Daily: "Graphene supermaterial goes superpermeable: Can be used to distill alcohol." This is super cool.
- ExtremeTech: "Bill Gates funds creation of thin, light, impenetrable graphene condoms." This is crazy!
- Bloomberg: "'Gods' Make Comeback at Toyota as Humans Steal Jobs From Robots." Totota moves to reintegrate making & engineering.
- ExtremeTech: "IBM builds graphene chip that's 10,000 times faster, using standard CMOS processes."
- Steven Sinofsky: "You're Doin' It Wrong." On the cyclical nature of productivity tools.
- Bloomberg: "Alibaba Agrees to Buy AutoNavi in $1.5 Billion Map Deal." You should be taking Alibaba really seriously.
- Jacob Goldstein: "To Increase Productivity, UPS Monitors Drivers' Every Move."
- Business Insider: "22 Astounding Facts About Alibaba, The Giant Chinese E-Commerce Company Yahoo Depends On." Honestly, comparisons to Yahoo are sooo besides the point - but this article is absolutely striking.
- Walt Hickey/538: "A Statistical Analysis of the Work of Bob Ross." Yeah. The fluffy haired guy from "The Joy of Painting." This is TL;DR but worth scanning.
- Tyler Cowen: "Claims about potato chips." No trans fats.
Stuff that doesn't fit into my dumb/arbitrary categories.
- Homeli: "Paper Crawling Mini Mobile Robotic Printer by ZUtA Labs." This looks cool.
ps - Thank you to everyone - especially my friends at Gin Lane, Undercurrent, and on twitter - who referred me to everything here.
If anyone out there has things I should be looking at - or if you just want to chat - please let me know!